This is not uncommon as many service providers require an initial payment to help them cover the cost of materials and get started. However, we never recommend paying the entire amount upfront. The deposit should not be more than 20% of the overall job price and the service provider should be able to explain what it is being covered (e.g. initial costs).
Articles in this section
- Kaodim Service Integrity System.
- What should I do if a service provider asks me to pay a deposit?
- What should I do if no service provider has contacted me?
- What do I do after I choose a service provider?
- Must I be contacted by 5 service provider before I choose one?
- What if a tradesperson has no ratings?
- How do you know that ratings are genuine?
- How do I view ratings?
- What do the stars beside the service provider’s information mean?
- How do I contact the service provider interested in my job?